Hello.Need a break?
We bought No 5 Mid Street, Rosehearty, on 20th January 2006. It had been empty for 12 years prior to that. Kenny then carried out a full renovation of the property, including removing all the inside of the house except the midway timbers and the stairs. The roof was all re tiled and walls reinsulated & sheeted, windows and doors replaced. The extension was built on to the back for the kitchen and bathroom. Central Heating was installed. It was completed 11th September 2009.
We now have a fantastic old, Aberdeen Granite house dating back to 1839 with a first class modern interior situated 60 yards from the harbour. The rooms are spacious and has a lovely enclosed gardens to the rear.
The Royal Burgh of Rosehearty is situated 4 miles west of Fraserburgh, with a population of approx 1250.
It has one shop (50 yards away), three pubs, Butchers/Post Office and a 9 hole Golf Club, Pitsligo Castle built in 1424.
Rosehearty is one of the oldest sea ports in Scotland dating back to the 14th Century. During the nineteenth century herring boom, there were 12 curing houses and its fishing fleet supported 600 people.
It is also 4 miles from New Aberdour, 18 miles from Macduff and 19 miles from Banff and 48 miles from Aberdeen.
Following the coast road into Pittulie and Sandhaven, the seals lie sunbathing every day on the rocks just past Sandhaven Harbour.